With remote strategies coming to TTSD, our choir website is being actively updated to deal with the delivery of remote exploration materials.
Stay tuned as it morphs into a resource for communicating materials to all of the choir students.
Missing seeing all of you each day! Be healthy and safe!
Here is a link about Packed with Pride. Let’s help our community by helping out with this project:
DROPPING OFF DONATIONS:
Be the hands and feet of a carrying community by doing what you can to alleviate the stress and struggle of those in our community who are in need.
Hello Choir Students and Parents,
With the new announcement of school closure through the 28th of April, I want to make sure everyone is up-to-date with the Google Classroom Codes. If you are not a member of the Google Classroom for your choir, please be sure to get signed up. We have a particular need for those members who are in Cantaré, Cantus and Camerata.
Talk to you soon about plans going forward.
Classroom Code: jowplq
Classroom Code: dsda6jp
Classroom Code: y33sf5x
Concert Choir 2020
Classroom Code: 1wh3u9
Classroom Code: nesaho5
Our Classics Choir Concert, scheduled for March 18 at 7 pm has been cancelled in compliance with the directive from the Oregon Governor’s Office and the TTSD Office of the Superintendent to cancel all activities with a gathering of 250+ for the next 30 days.
We will reschedule.
For all choirs, January 6th begins Unit Three.
In this unit we start with reevaluating vocal range on each student.
The three major foci for this unit are:
(1) Sightsinging Olympics (getting our key signatures, rhythm, interval and overall sightsinging chops up to speed.
(2) Guiding interested students in preparing for District Solo and Ensemble Contest, either as individual entries or in small groups (duet, trio, quartet, sextet, or octet) The event is held on Saturday, February 29th at Tigard High School.
(3) Preparing for the Classics Choir Concert on March 18th in Deb Fennell Auditorium at 7 pm. All Choirs! Plus qualifying soloists and small ensembles!
Check out the music selections on the Listen and Watch section of our website!
Here is to a lot of awesome learning and growth!
All Choirs are singing at our two Holiday Concerts this week at Tigard High School’s Deb Fennell Auditorium.
Wednesday, December 18th
Thursday, December 19th
Student Call Time is 6 pm (dress and pressed in the auditorium for warm-up)
Concert Starts 7 pm
Concerts are free. We pass the hat for accompanist fees, clinician fees and program support.
December is a busy time for the choir program!
In the next 3 weeks, the choir will be out and about supporting our community in the following concerts:
Dec 4 (9:00 am – 12:00 noon) – Choralation sings at Christmas for Kids™ charity event at the Hollywood Fred Meyer. This is our 5th year participating in this amazing event where underprivileged students are supported with a free holiday shopping experience and meet with Santa. Singers wear ugly sweaters and nice blue/black jeans.
Dec 6 (10:30 am – 2:00 pm) – All Tigard Choirs sing at the Salem Capitol Rotunda for the Holidays at the Capitol event at 12:00 noon. Singers wear newly delivered choir t-shirts and nice blue/black jeans. (not wholly!) Bring your own lunch!
Dec 7 (6:30 pm call, 7:00 pm performance) – Choralation sings for the Summerfield Retirement Community Holiday Party. Students wear formal attire.
Dec 11 (5:00 pm call, 5:30 bus, 8:00 pm Cantus/Camerata Performance, 9:00 pm Concert Choir/Choralation Performance) The Grotto Performance. Parents are invited to hear students sing in this lovely acoustic! Students wear choir T-shirts, black pants, black socks and black shoes and wear assigned choir robes. Students bring sack dinner. Students return to the Tigard HS campus by 10:30 pm.
Dec 12 (12 noon bus, 12:45 pm performance, back by 1:30 pm) Choralation sings for the Tigard Rotary Luncheon.
Dec 14 (10 am Choralation Performance in Holiday Gear at the Beaverton Ward)
Dec 14 (6 pm Choralation sings for the Tigard City Lights Walk in Holiday Gear!)
Dec 17 (6:30 pm call, 7 pm performance) Choralation sings for the Tigard Rotary Banquet at the Stockpot Restaurant) Students wear formalwear.
Dec 18 (6:00 pm call in Deb Fennell Auditorium, 7 pm Concert)
All Choirs sing! All Choirs wearing robes!
Dec 19 (6:00 pm call in Deb Fennell Auditorium, 7 pm Concert)
All Choirs sing! All Choirs wearing robes!
Our First Concert of the Year!
Join your students in celebrating the good work of the first quarter at our Debut Concert in the Deb Fennell Auditorium at Tigard High School.
Call time for students is 6 pm Dressed and Pressed in the Auditorium. (see Attire expectations in our Choir Handbook on our Website which is found under Documents and Forms.)
Concert begins at 7 pm.
We Pass the Hat in support of the choir program.
If you would like to reserve seats and show up at 6:55, you can do so by contacting Cendy at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 503-805-7995 with YOUR NAME and how many seats.
Each reserved seat is $10 and there will be a “RESERVED for ____________” on the chairs. Cash or Checks made out to Tigard High Coir will be collected during pass the hat.
Our Homecoming Dance is this Saturday, October 5th, from 8 – 11 pm in the THS Cafeteria. This is our main fundraiser. We need all hands helping out!
Concert Choir members are expected to support in the execution of the event by participating in several of the following activities:
- Painting and creation of cafeteria signage and decorations during the week.
- Decorating and setting up the cafeteria on Saturday morning from 8:00 AM – 1:00 PM.
- Helping with Coat Check shifts from 7:30 PM until 11:30 PM.
- Tearing down, 11:00 PM – until it is done (hopefully no later than 12:30 AM) of decorations and resetting the cafeteria to be operational on Monday Morning.
For those parents who have volunteered, THANK YOU!
Parents show up at 7 PM (updated) and will be assigned locations to work.
Bring Ear Plugs!
- 2 parents will be collecting AT THE DOOR payment for tickets ($15), checking school ID and writing down names of each student that arrives to purchase a ticket. NO AT THE DOOR tickets are sold to non-THS Students.
- Parents will be in pairs at the bathrooms, at the exit doors to make sure students do not let other students in, at the snack and water tables.
- All parents will assist in tear down in order to facilitate getting kids home as soon as possible.